MMMC - The Blog

2005-11-28

Pick your drug of choice...

Came to reflect over my caffeine habit today. Not that I'm addicted, coffee has always been the drug of choice for me as it simply tastes so good! Also, I've got more important things to worry about. But anyway. Funny how people can confuse temporary pleasure with happiness. No problem, I mean we all get our kicks from somewhere. Sex, drugs, money, religion, politics or pure and simple revenge and distaste for humanity. Take a pick. I must confess, I possess many of the weaknesses attributed to mankind. Greed, sloth, lust.... Just to mention a few. But never could I believe that these things could make me happy. Sure, they make me feel better temporarily, but even the most persistant of my weaknesses, greed, is not able to create a credible illusion of happiness. There are things stronger than my weaknesses, and that, and nothing less than that, is what I will always persue. Not for the sake of my wellbeing, not even for the redemption of my soul, but to take a stand, that there are things ultimately good and worth sacrifice...

Ahh... Cold turkey....