MMMC - The Blog

2005-11-12

News update

Well, its me again.
I've been thinking about changing the picture I have here on blogger, as I haven't worn a beard and mustasche for almost 6 months. But considering the trouble I would go through to do that, I realised it would be easier for me to just let the mustasche and beard grow back. So I did. The pic is now as up to date as it was a year ago when I uploaded it.
In other news. I finally managed to hone my beloved straight razor (or cut-throat razor as some would call it). After weeks of trial and error and minor cuts, the razor is as sharp as it was when I bought it. Meaning not very sharp, but sharp enough to do the trick.
Ahh. Now I can replace my otherwise 5 minute Gillete Mach 3 shave with a full 30 minute straight razor shave (including preperations). I'm really going to love getting up in the morning 30 minutes earlier. But hey, a guy has to take care of himself and only by practice will I be able to learn the proper technique of shaving , stropping, honing.