MMMC - The Blog

2004-08-12

BLOOD

Well, the day started of with a new driving lesson, highway driving this time. It went alright I would say. Later on me and my brother went to the hospital and decided to make a contribution to the society. I signed up as a blood doner...


The doctor ran a few test (not everyone are allowed to donate blood for obvious reasons) and when the results get back in, I'll be able to donate blood. I’ve been wanting to do this ever since I was 16, but one has to be 18 in order to donate. I haven’t donated a single drop yet, one taken a couple of test but in a few weeks I hope I will be able to donate.
I believe it’s for a good cause. Blood is needed daily for operations, treatment of cancer ill patients and treatment of Haemophilia and my city (or actually the whole region) doesn’t have enough blood doners to meet the demands.


So hey… And I got a cool T-shirt saying “100% bussig”. It means in this context 100% generous/nice or something. Plus my brother got a ticket to the cinema for recruiting me…
It’s actually a pretty nice place. They give you drinks and snacks so that you don’t feel ill after donating you 0.45 litres of blood. But hey hey. We’ll see what happens in a few weeks.
Other than that, nothing.

Cups of coffee today:
Double espressos: 4
Regular brew: 1
Approximated caffeine intake: 400 – 450 mg (I had a Coca Cola also)